Look for Less: Gianvito Rossi Velvet Ankle Boots - Sensible Stylista

Look for Less: Gianvito Rossi Velvet Ankle Boots

Alright guys, I'm sure you all have seen these fancy schmancy boots somewhere at one point. They've been trending hardcore in the fashion world so I pretty much see celebs and stylesetters wearing 'em left and right online or in print.  Rossi's Brandy ankle boots are available in blue, gold, and black for a steep $1,075.  Now, if you have the money and want to splurge on these boots, feel free to do so, but for those of you who want the look for less, I've found a solid alternative for a fraction of the price.  
Amiclubwear sells a super cute pair online for $29.25.  They were originally $64.99, but they're currently on sale so y'all are in luck.  I got the olive colored ones, but they're also available in royal blue and black.  Here are some important details for you guys!  They're made of a velvet texture and have a pointy toe with a side zipper closure (just like the originals pictured above).  They have a chunky heel with a cushioned footbed and are approximately 4" high.  I got them in 6.5, and they fit me perfectly!  No need to size up or down - these are true to size.  
These boots seriously look exactly like the splurge pictured above, especially from afar.  Personally, I wouldn't drop the cash on the designer version, but that's because a., I'm not a millionaire, and b., I'm probably only wearing these in the winter - the weather kind of sucks here (lots of snow and whatnot) so they'd most likely get ruined.  I'm curious to hear what you guys think though.  Would you go for the splurge or the steal?

5 comments

  1. That's a great deal! I totally agree with purchasing the affordable version. I only find myself wearing boots in the winter and maybe spring time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! =) Thanks for the comment, love!

      Delete
  2. I would go for savings, rather than splurge on designer version,..

    ReplyDelete