Dress to Impress: What to Wear to Weddings - Sensible Stylista

Dress to Impress: What to Wear to Weddings

Hey guys, I'm beyond excited for today's post because I've partnered up with one of my all-time favorite brands. I'm guessing you're all familiar with ModCloth, but if not, they're all about fun, expressive and unique clothing + accessories.  Founded by high school sweethearts Susan Gregg Koger and Eric Koger, their motto is "fashion is for every body."  I abso-freaking-lutely love that because I'm all about the Body Positive Movement.  Their clothing's available in a full range of sizes, and they carry a huge selection of designs from hundreds of independent designers. 
Now, onto our main topic of the day: what to wear to a friend's wedding.  I'm gonna start with a few ground rules so without further ado, let's get to it!  Firstly, do not ever, ever, EVER wear white...unless you want to seriously piss off the bride.  She should be the ONLY one wearing white in the entire room. Obviously, you can wear an outfit with white accents or accessories, but remember that she's the star of the show, and you do NOT want to steal her thunder.  Go for understated colors and jewelry to keep things stylish yet tasteful.
I centered my wedding guest outfit around ModCloth's "Promise to Astonish" dress.  This navy blue A-line is seriously everything.  The lace overlay is super cute, and the surplice neckline shows just the right amount of skin.  Although it's super hot, I wanted to cover my shoulders a bit so I threw on a nude cardigan on top.   I accessorized with a layered gold necklace and carried a clutch to match!  To finish off my look, I wore my favorite beige round-toe heels to elongate my legs.  
For those of you wondering, I'm wearing a size small here, and it fits me quite nicely!  However, I typically wear XS-S.  If you're a solid XS, this may be a bit big for you, but no worries, I'll make sure to link other cute options for you below - simply get your scroll on to browse.
As promised, here are a few other wedding guest dresses I absolutely love! Which one do you guys like best - left, middle, or right?
This post was written in collaboration with ModCloth.

4 comments

  1. beautiful dress !

    Sara,
    www.thecrimeofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this dress on you Kimberly! You look stunning <3

    www.boyuba.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very stylish and tasteful and doesn't outshine the bride NOR does it look like you are going there just to hook up!!!

    ReplyDelete