Workwear Wednesday: Madewell's Lace Magnolia Dress - Sensible Stylista

Workwear Wednesday: Madewell's Lace Magnolia Dress

As you guys know, I'm a huge fan of Madewell - I raved about them HERE recently - and a serious lover of lace, so when I saw this gorgeous dress hanging on their sale rack,  it was pretty much love at first sight!  This piece originally sold for $168, but it was marked down to $79.99.  On top of that, I got an additional 40% off + 15% student discount, which brought me to a flat $40.80.  For $40, this piece is a serious bargain because Madewell clothing is legit, like designer-quality legit.  Stores like Charlotte Russe and Forever 21 sell pieces for that price.  Now, I'm not knockin' those stores at all!  Y'all know how much I love shopping their collections - I buy trendy pieces from them all the time, but I tend to look elsewhere for classic pieces that'll last me forever.
Everything about this dress is a do in my book.  The sheer sleeves are classy yet sexy, and the scalloped peekaboo hem is beyond cute!  The best part of this piece though, by far, is the fit.  It's as if it was tailored for my body!  As a plus, it's super versatile so transitioning from work to play is easy peasy lemon squeezy.  I do have some bad news though!  Unfortunately, you can't score this dress online for the same price I did - I looked it up for y'all, and it's marked $79.99 - but I recommend checking your local Madewell regardless. For those of you interested in the dress regardless, clicky HERE.  FYI, it's also sold in a beautiful cabernet.  
Dress:  Madewell || Cardigan:  Francesca's || Necklace:  Charlotte Russe || Bag:  c/o Handbag Heaven || Shoes: Kate Spade
Shop my look: 

3 comments